As you sow seeds in the fertile ground of video advertising, you’ll want your efforts to bear fruit. You’ve seen how the tide is shifting towards short, punchy video ads that grab viewers before they can click away.
Your journey through the video advertising in 2024 will show you how to leverage the latest trends to your advantage. From the rise of Over-The-Top (OTT) platforms to the increased importance of mobile optimization, you’re about to discover how these trends can shape your strategies.
You’ll learn why cinemagraphs have become the storytelling tool of choice for brands aiming to mesmerize their audience. And as you explore further, you’ll uncover how artificial intelligence isn’t just a buzzword—it’s a game-changer for creating personalized ad experiences.
Stay tuned to see how these insights can transform your approach to video advertising.
- Short video ads are gaining popularity and have been shown to boost ad recall.
- OTT advertising offers advanced targeting and analytics, with higher video completion rates compared to in-browser ads.
- Mobile-first advertising is crucial as mobile devices account for over half of worldwide online traffic.
- Cinemagraphs are visually captivating and generate more interest than regular photos, providing a unique storytelling opportunity for advertisers.
- User-generated content builds trust and generates higher engagement than brand-generated content.
- In-stream ads on Facebook’s Audience Network have high completion rates and reach over one billion people every month.
- AI-powered video advertising utilizes artificial intelligence for targeting and personalization, resulting in higher engagement and conversion rates.
Embracing Short Video Ads
Short video ads are really important for getting people to know about products quickly. These short videos are powerful because they catch your eye and fit into your day when you’re busy. When you’re online, you probably don’t like watching long ads. You want to get the point without waiting. That’s why making ads short and to the point works so well.
When you add OTT targeting to short video ads, they become even better. OTT targeting is a way to show ads to people on streaming services like Netflix or Hulu. This is great because you can show your ads to people who are more likely to be interested in what you’re selling. It’s like always being able to hit the center of a target.
Rise of OTT Advertising
OTT advertising is a new way of showing commercials when people watch shows online. This is a big change from the old way of seeing ads on regular TV. To understand this, think about how you watch your favorite shows on the internet. These online platforms, called OTT platforms, are becoming more popular every day.
OTT platforms are smart because they show ads that are likely to interest you, based on what you like to watch. This is good for businesses that want to advertise because it means the right people see their ads. When you’re watching a show and an ad pops up, it’s not just random; it’s chosen for you, and you’re more likely to pay attention to it.
For you, this means that there are lots of opportunities in OTT advertising. It’s a great place for your ads to be seen and make an impact. So, if you’re someone who wants to advertise, it’s a good idea to think about using OTT platforms. This is where you can really connect with viewers.
Mobile-First Video Strategy
Most people use their phones a lot, especially to watch videos. When companies make ads, they want to make sure these ads look good and work well on phones. Here’s what they can do:
- Optimization for Phones:
- The ad fits just right on a phone screen.
- It loads really quickly.
- You can use it easily with one hand.
- Vertical Videos:
- They’re made for when you hold your phone up straight.
- The video takes up the entire screen without empty spaces.
- The story in the ad is fun and makes sense going up and down the screen.
Keep things simple. Your ad should have a message that’s easy to understand.
And don’t forget, people watching might be walking or on a bus, so make your ad grab their attention in a way that works with them tapping or swiping on their screen.
Cinemagraphs in Marketing
Cinemagraphs are like photos that move a little. They’re a cool tool for sharing ideas in ads. Think of a photograph, but in it, something small moves over and over, like a flag waving or steam going up from a hot drink. That’s a cinemagraph. They aren’t the same as full videos. They’re more gentle and they repeat without you seeing the beginning or end.
Using cinemagraphs in ads helps tell a story in a new way. They grab your attention and make you look longer than you’d at a normal picture. In a world where we scroll through so much information quickly, cinemagraphs can help your message stand out. They stick in your mind.
Leverage of User-Generated Content
User-made content can really help your brand seem more real and connect better with people. This content is trusted by others because it comes from regular folks, not ads. Here’s how you can use this to your advantage:
Authenticity through user content:
- Ask your fans to send in their own photos and stories.
- Show these pictures and stories to everyone who follows you.
- See how people start to trust your brand more.
Getting people involved with user content:
- Set up competitions where people can submit their own videos.
- Use special words with a ‘#’ to keep track of this content.
- Make sure to reply to each post to keep the conversation going.
Also read how to use testimonials in your video ads.
Facebook In-Stream Ad Advantages
Facebook has a cool feature where ads play in the middle of videos. Imagine you’re watching a video on Facebook about a skateboarder doing tricks, and suddenly, a short video about a new skateboard pops up. That’s an in-stream ad. These ads are quick – they don’t take a lot of your time, so you’re likely to watch the whole thing. That means the person who made the ad has a good chance of telling you about their skateboard.
The best part? You can earn money if you put these ads in your videos. That’s what we call monetization. And Facebook is really smart about it – they help you show your ads to the people who’d actually want to see them. For example, your skateboard ad will mostly show up for people who like skateboarding. That way, your money is used better because it’s going to the right people.
AI Revolutionizes Video Ads
Artificial Intelligence, or AI for short, is changing the way we see ads when we watch videos. It’s like when you get a birthday gift that’s exactly what you wanted—it feels special because it’s just for you. That’s how AI tries to make ads work; they want to show you things you actually like.
- AI and video ads:
- Personalized by AI:
- Understands what you like
- Shows you ads that might interest you
- Better ad targeting:
- More accurate, less guessing
- Ads are more likely to be something you care about
- More engaging ads:
- Ads feel like they’re picked just for you
- You might find the ad helpful and not just annoying
AI helps make sure that the ads you see are chosen based on what you’re interested in, making them a better fit for you.
You’ve seen it all, the future of video ads in 2024.
Grab attention fast with snappy shorts.
Dive into OTT and hit your mark.
Go mobile-first, vertical’s the way.
Mix photos and motion with cool cinemagraphs.
Trust boosts with stuff folks make.
Facebook’s in-stream ads? Big benefits.
Plus, AI’s changing the game—personal, quick.
You’re not just following trends; you’re blazing trails.
Now go, create ads that don’t just show, they stick.